Hogs For The Cause, a renowned barbecue and music festival, offers a variety of unique and mouthwatering signature dishes that are definitely worth trying. Here are some of the best dishes you can find at the festival.
- HuPig’s Hand Pie: This dish consists of 15 hours smoked pork butt and smoked apple hand press pie, deep-fried and topped with a confectionary glaze called the Bliss, which creates a sweet heat candied shell.
- Sweet Swine o Mine’s Zaps Cajun Craw Tater Pulled Pork Delight: A Louisiana twist on the classic Frito pie with brisket, this dish offers a flavorful combination of zaps Cajun craw tater and pulled pork.
- March of the Pigs’ Nashville Hot Pork Belly Chicken: Featuring a fried pork loin with their famous hot chicken glaze, bread and butter pickles, and celery salad, all served in a Vietnamese steamed bun.
- Pork Belly Cartels’ Smoked Beef Cheek Boudin Quesa Taco: Made from smoked beef cheeks and Boudin tortillas dipped in brisket tallow, melted cheese, and topped with Tabasco pepper jelly.
- Herzeinfarhkt from Lard and In Charge: This 2018 bacon award-winning dish, Herrfart (German for heart attack), is a sweet plantain stuffed with cheese and green onions, wrapped in bacon, beer-battered, and fried to crispy perfection. It is served with a Sriracha aioli.
- Sweets – Bacon Pecan Pies: Although Hogs For The Cause is primarily known for its savory dishes, there are plenty of sweets available, including the delicious bacon pecan pies from That’ll Do Crew.
- Tachos from Chew Forks Farms: A perfect combination of pulled pork, cheese, and tater tots, tachos are a simple yet satisfying dish to try at the festival.
These are just a few of the incredible signature dishes you can find at Hogs For The Cause. With an array of flavors and innovative culinary creations, the festival offers a unique and unforgettable gastronomic experience for barbecue and music enthusiasts alike.← Hog Blog